Monday, June 29, 2020

Mixed Drink Monday: Honey Lemon Margarita

 


If you scroll down a bit to look at the "looking back" posts, of the drinks I posted near this date over the last SIX (!!) years I've been doing this...if you pay any attention to what I've been posting this summer...you'll notice I have a thing for margaritas in the summer.  I am not apologizing for that.  They are delicious.

BUT, many dozens of margarita recipes in, this is the very first one that hasn't used limes.  AT ALL.  In any form.  Which I even found a little alarming when making it!  I don't know what to do with a margarita without limes!  But the lemons were a nice change from all the lime-based margaritas I've made and this was still delicious.  And lemons are that's far of a stretch from limes, not the same but similar.  Lemons still feel appropriately summer-y.

You may also notice that this is a small drink.  I made it according to the recipe and this is what turned out.  I didn't try to expand this because I made a different margarita before this one, but that will post later, that was SUPER strong and I was NOT inclined to make that mistake again.  So I left this as is.  And it still made for a perfectly sized drink while we did a fire in the firepit with the boys (and this was not such a strong drink that we were compromised in having the boys around a (small) fire!).

The taste was great, they were easy to make, and they gave me an excuse to buy lemons!  It all worked out well!

One year ago: Red, White, and Blue Margarita
Two years ago:
Blackberry Crush
Three years ago: Coconut Pineapple Margarita

Four years ago: Triple Berry Margarita
Five years ago: Peach Smoothies
Six years ago: Raspberry Limeade & Frozen Coconut Lemonade




Honey Lemon Margaritas
yield: 1 drink
Ingredients
-1½ ounces (3 TB) tequila
-1 ounce (2 TB) triple sec
-½ ounce (1 TB) honey
-½ ounce (1 TB) lemon juice
-ice
-lemon slices for rim (optional)
-rimming salt (optional)


Directions
Rim your glass with lemon slice and then dip in salt.  Set aside.  Mix the tequila, triple sec, honey, and lemon juice in a shaker with ice or in your glass.  Shake/stir until honey is disolved.  Pour into prepared glass if used a shaker.  Enjoy!



Source: Modified from Hello Fresh
____________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page

No comments: