Thursday, January 4, 2024

Most Popular Posts of 2023

This, like most posts on here, falls in the category of "things very interesting to Diana but maybe not my general audience" (sorry).  It never ceases to be surprising what is getting the most clicks in a year, in this case some that haven't shown up for awhile!  I am pulling from different data this year since I never got around to updating my Google Analytics so I don't have those stats which is where I normally got these lists from.  On my list to take care of in 2024!

 

10. Travel: Cuyahoga Valley National Park (November 2023)
One of three trips we took this year, to one of our closest national parks that we never considered visiting until the year before we actually did.  We really enjoyed our time there, especially the shorter drive than the summer before (when we drove to Acadia National Park in Maine). 

9. DIY Strawberries and Cream Instant Oatmeal (December 2017)
This one was a surprise.  I still enjoy the instant fruit & cream oatmeals but was determined to make my own.  I don't think I've made it again since the initial batch I made for this post but we did like it and I do think about it every time I see boxed instant oatmeal at the grocery.  Maybe I should try it again! 

8. Homemade Handkerchiefs (November 2015)
This one was also a huge surprise.  I am thankful to my past selves that were into different things so I have those skills, even if I don't use them all as often.  And one of those is sewing.  I used to sew A LOT, or at least A LOT more than I do now!  And these handkerchiefs out of old bedsheets was the result of that.  I still have them!

7. ICOTW: Coconut Pineapple Sorbet (July 2018)
This is one that has gotten a bump every summer since I posted it!  Actually, a full half of this list comes from when I used to do weekly drink & ice cream posts in the summer (I am still AMAZED at how I managed that...because I hardly even blog anymore in the summer.).  ...I've made a lot of ice cream but barely remember this one!  I guess people like it!

6. Mixed Drink Monday: Cran-Apple Sangria (December 2019)
Just like Coconut Pineapple Sorbet gets a bump every summer, this one gets a good bump every November/December.  I think it's been on every top 10 list since I posted it, besides that first year maybe when it was brand new.  This is one where I think I used to be good at food styling sometimes (always helps the Pinterest clicks)!

 

5. Kool-Aid Cookies (February 2014)
Officially the oldest post on this list and one of the very early recipes I posted.  I make these cookies exactly once a year, around Valentine's Day (although this year it'll be earlier since Valentine's Day is also Ash Wednesday) but we all really like them and they disappear very quickly.  I'm very glad I have these in my cookie rotation.  

4. ICOTW: Peach Sorbet (July 2020)
Maybe one of the recipes on here that I use the most.  I buy Peach Truck peaches every summer and I mainly do 2 things with them.  Eat them plain (DELICIOUS) and make this sorbet (DELICIOUS).  I only get to eat sorbet on days I run and getting sorbet can be a STRONG motivator, especially in the spring and fall when I am a little less regulated in my running (in 3rd quarter I have lofty mile goals that I am determined to hit).  Most ice cream recipes on here I made just for posts, trying them out.  This one my Mom has been making what feels like my whole life!

3. Blackberry Long Island Iced Tea (July 2018)
This one has been on the list before and continues to be one of my best performing drink posts, again, getting a bump every summer.  I know I switched the flavor to blackberry from something else because I was making something else blackberry the same weekend (margarita maybe?).  And, again, I remain amazed at my prior organization at making so many drinks and ice creams.  What do I use that energy on now????

2. Stripping: Laundry Style (April 2017)
This had been my highest post for the last 3 years but finally got bumped, although it remains, by far, my best performing post ever.  And, again, I have yet to do this again even though in the post I say I'm going to do it again a year later (which was when we got a surprise baby and I DEFINITELY didn't have the energy or mental strength to do that again at that time...or in the nearly 6 years since, apparently).

1. Mixed Drink Monday: The Fizzy Flamingo (June 2018)
I made this drink for one single reason: it had flamingo in the title.  I do not remember liking it particularly well nor are the pictures great.  I have NO IDEA why it continues to perform so well.  (my personal favorite drinks of all the ones I made...DIY Margarita Mix, Honey Margaritas, and Mucho Gustos - I make the coconut rimming salt every summer).

Always surprising seeing what resonates.  Maybe I need to get back to drink and ice cream posts???  Crazy they are still getting good hits all these years later!

Most Popular Posts of 2022
Most Popular Posts of 2021
Most Popular Posts of 2020

Most Popular Posts of 2019
Most Popular Posts of 2018

No comments: