Thursday, April 16, 2020

Spring/Summer Shopping List 2020

I had originally planned to write this post a month ago, when the calendar says it turned to spring but then it was still really cold!  I had zero motivation to think about spring or summer clothes when I still needed many layers to stay warm!  But now we've had some nice weather and, while I've only worn shorts to run, steady spring weather is on the horizon.  I haven't thought about my clothes a whole lot but I have started buying a few things so I better set some parameters for what I am looking for!

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, links for which are included within this post, at no additional cost to you.  Thanks for helping support this blog! 

First off, starting with what I planned and actually did buy in the fall and winter:


1) Cognac Booties
I bought the ones pictured from Target and wore them much more then I expected to!  The opening around the ankle is pretty loose on me but I've gotten used to them.  They aren't a super high quality and the stripes on the heel are wearing off a little but I doubt many people are looking that close at my shoes.  I expect these will last at least a couple falls/winters and then I can replace them with a higher quality pair.

2) Another pair of skinny jeans
I did not buy these except maybe an identical pair to one of the pairs of jeans I already owned (the ones I am wearing right now, honestly) since I like them and I'll want a replacement when they wear out.  But that doesn't really count and I got through the winter fine with just two pairs of blue jeans!


3) 2ish Sweaters/Tops
I bought more than 2 but I'm including here a Gibson twist-top I bought in TWO colors from Nordstrom and a sweatshirt I bought from Old Navy that I got in the habit of wearing every Monday for awhile.

4) Long-Sleeved Dress
I bought this one from Amazon to wear to be our niece's confirmation sponsor in the fall!  I've worn it then and to be godmother to a friend's baby over the winter...and that's it!  BUT I got compliments on it both times and I was glad to have a long-sleeved dress for both occasions!  I don't wear many dresses in the cold months because I rarely have an occasion for them so I expect this will be my go-to for awhile!
5) Navy Utility Jacket
I had already bought this one on Amazon before I made my list and I did keep it.  I'm going to want everything in blue and I've already worn it again this spring!  I like it.

Besides a couple direct replacement items, I only bought 2 extra things this winter!  I like making these lists partially just to see how much better I've gotten at shopping.  I had 19 extra items on my first check-in back in the fall of 2016 and now I'm down to 2.  So I've gotten better at making lists of items that I actually need/want, sticking to them, and just shopping less in general!  


I bought a second color of the Nordstrom Gibson twist-top front top above as well as a sweater from Macy's that is no longer online.  Apparently I have a color scheme for my extra items.


Now, all that I plan to buy until fall!

1) Coral/peach hoodie
I've bought this one from Amazon as well as a possibility from Old Navy and have to figure out which to keep.  And then figure out how I can return the others with Corona closing/restrictions.  I'm assuming stores are extending return windows with everything going on. 

2) A sundress
It's been a few years since I've bought a new one and another option would be appreciated for going to church in the summer (assuming we get to go to church this summer!)

3) Fun Flats
I bought a couple pairs of these last fall and the ones I bought hurt my feet SO MUCH for the few minutes I tried them on at home that my feet still hurt when I see the picture of them in my Amazon purchases (I returned them).  SO PAINFUL.  I'd still like a pair of flats that has NO grey in them, which the ones I wear the most both do.

4) Navy Blue Striped v or scooped neck short sleeved tee
I had one of these that I really liked a few (6) years ago and wore often, then it wore out.  I bought a replacement last spring from ThredUp that I kept but then didn't like how it fit so I'm on the hunt again. 

5) 2ish Tank Tops/T-shirts
I didn't buy many last year but it's always nice to have a couple new items for a new season.  I looked back and I bought literally NO CLOTHES in June, July, and August last year, not even replacements (besides a replacement sports bra for running) I did really well with my shopping!

6) A Star Wars t-shirt
The rest of my family owns (multiple) Star Wars shirts, since I've borrowed one of Matt's twice in the past 6 months, I thought maybe it's time I bought my own.  I wore one to see The Rise of Skywalker with Matt in December and then Luke wanted us all to wear Star Wars for his recent quarantined birthday.  It was one of his requests we could actually meet!  

7) Something to use up ThredUp credit
I used to shop at ThredUp a lot.  Now I shop there a lot less because I just haven't been finding enough to fill my cart and then paying to restock items makes me want to try things less.  But I have $35 in credit there that I've had for awhile and I'd like to use it up before they convert it to an e-gift card, which they sent an e-mail and said they are going to do.  SO, I need to get back to browsing there.  Preferably, using it up to buy something from this list.


That's a longer shopping list than I usually have but maybe I'll end up not buying some of it anyways!  I've either done a good job of building up my wardrobe where I don't want/need as much OR I just have less time/energy for shopping.  I suspect it's a little of both!  I always like making these and thinking about my buying habits intentionally but it was also really nice thinking about something "normal" in the midst of a lot of not-normal!

Fall 2019
Summer 2019

Fall 2018
Spring 2018

Fall 2017
Spring 2017

Fall 2016
Spring 2016

No comments: