Monday, July 18, 2016

Mixed Drink Monday: Past Favorites

I'm totally taking the easy way out, again.  Life just didn't work with my drink plans and nothing new got made.  So, recap post it is!!  I've been trying to be more lenient with myself when things don't go according to plan and give myself a little bit more grace than usual, and this post is partially the result of that.  I've had TWO people tell me in the last few months that I seem to be a really laid back person...literally the only two times in my 30+ years on this planet that has happened...but I'm trying to make it more of a reality.  And I was really excited to hear that I come off as laid back in certain situations (it was my boss and the girl that cuts my hair, if you are wondering).

I did a recap post at the end of Summer 2014, my first time doing this project so everything below is since then.  I also have my favorites linked on my "Recipes" page, although I haven't added any of this years'...that will happen...at some point....hopefully this month.


Coconut Raspberry Smoothie - Hands down, probably my most frequently made of this whole project.  It's my "Yay! I ran on a Sunday!" treat although I ran yesterday and didn't treat myself sooo...I need to correct that.  But delicious.  And pretty healthy?  Healthy enough.

Frozen Coconut Limeade - I just realized we have a lot of coconut milk that I should use up before too long...this may be the answer.  I don't mind.

Perfect & Easy Sweet Sun Tea - No, wait.  This is the one I make the most.  I almost always have a pitcher of this in my fridge ALTHOUGH Target stopped selling their family sized tea bags and I just haven't found a good substitute.  Or maybe it's forgetting about the jars and leaving them outside overnight...that could also be the problem.

Honey Peach Lemonade - This one was just good.  And I really like honey a lot lately for some reason. 


Blackberry Pineapple Sangria -  We had this while on our family camping trip almost two years ago and then I finished it up weeks after surgery #2.  It might taste better when I'm not also in pain but it was pretty good way to forget about that pain too. 

Fruity Rum Fizzes - I drank these on our vacation last year and will probably do the same for our next beach trip.  Perfect "We're on vacation!" drink because they are easy and delicious.  And rum seems beach appropriate?

Redhead in Bed - I mean, just by the name alone they are a winner.

Triple Berry Sangria  - A really recent one but I enjoyed it!  And it was easy and not strong.  Kinda a requirement as I get older...

Go out and make something! And invite me over if you please!

__________________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page!

No comments: