Friday, December 4, 2020

Looking Back at November

Here we are at December!  One of my favorite times of the year!  Even in a pandemic!  I have A LOT on my to-do list, at all times, A LOT of books I want to read and still haven't finished my shopping, yet, I love it.  I wish time would slow down, not to get all those things done but just so I can fully savor this month.  I really really love it.  

November was a pretty good month for us with lots of unseasonably warm days which were just delightful.  Matt and I squeezed in another date ON A WEEKNIGHT, what?!?!?  It may have only lasted an hour BUT STILL COUNTS.  We also closed the lake in, by far, the warmest weather I've ever had for that, I hoarded Christmas books, and we went from 70° and sunny to snow in about 40 hours.  Oh Indiana, never change.

Looking back:
1 year ago: A Day in the Life #11 (Luke 6½, Sam 1½)
2 years ago: Viva Las Vegas! (aka, that time we pulled our 5 year old out of kindergarten to take him and our 7 month old to Las Vegas)
3 years ago: {7} Things Saving Me Right Now
4 years ago: Sew Me a Tote Bag (in 30 Minutes or Less)
5 years ago: Color Dipped Decor
6 years ago: Helpful Hints: Make New Candles and Get Rid of the Old
7 years ago: Christmas Treats: Reindeer and Turtle Noses
8 years ago: It's Almost the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
9 years ago:
Kitchen Project
10 years ago:
Paneling Project (I hated the process of this project, SO MUCH)

1) Backyard sunset with pumpkins!
2) Beautiful fall color, still in November!
3) Eating in a decorated alley (outside) for our date.  We've done A LOT of outdoors eating on dates this year.
4) Getting ice cream on our date, it is our favorite.
5) Running views, spectacular.
6) Closing the lake, overcast but warm!
7) I usually require multiple layers to close the lake and this year we were all in SHORTS.  The boys and I on the beach where we spent a lot of happy time in (just slightly) warmer weather!
8) The boys playing in the backyard.  Our tree was a stick in the ground for so many years but is now delightful 7 months of the year!
9) Reading, Harry Potter I believe, in the backyard, comfortably, in November!
10) The stack on the right is my Christmas stack...in mid-November. 
11) My tea and biscuit for my reading to start naptime.  I love this.
12) My little book worm, I've trained him well.
13) Snow!  Luke was delighted to play in it!
14) Thanksgiving looked very different this year but I still addressed my cards on the night before and mailed on Black Friday!  Keeping the same what we can!
15) Thanksgiving at home!  Minus the green beans still in the oven because the turkey (breast) cooked faster than we expected.  It was all delicious and I didn't have to cook again the rest of the weekend.
16) Can you tell who was in charge of sprinkles on these cookies (not an adult)?

Books finished: 14, just 18 to read in December to hit my goal (this might be overly ambitious)
Miles ran:
13.8 making it the November I've run the most ever.  At 13.8 miles.
Currently watching:
Christmas episodes!  And Dude Perfect with the boys.
Most read post this month:
Stripping: Laundry Style continues to be a big hit.  It had 10 TIMES the number of hits than the runner up, Cran-Apple Sangria.
Luke's current favorite song:
He says, and I quote: "Backstreet Boys!"

Now it's December!  The most wonderful time of the year!  Still can be magical, even in a pandemic.

No comments: