Monday, July 22, 2024

Mixed Drink Monday: Throwback Week 9

Solidly in the back half of summer now! (Although, to be honest, I am trying to get all of these written before school is out so we aren't even half way through May as I write this and just the thought of being almost done with summer break is making me sad, even though right now I have complicated feelings about losing all my quiet time soon.)  There is something particularly chaotic about July.  It's my birthday month and therefore the best month of the year (followed closely by December and then a multi-way tie for nearly every month that isn't January or February) but is also, very much, has a "Saturday" of summer feeling to it.  Just very relaxed, trying to pack it all in, anything goes but not really because as a parent that sound dangerous.  July just has a very different feeling than June, especially as our school start date creeps earlier and earlier every year.  

Week 1!
Week 2!

Week 3!
Week 4!
Week 5!
Week 6!
Week 7!
Week 8!

I included the ingredients below for planning purposes but click through for the recipes.

Hawaiian Hammer, published July 22, 2019

Ingredients
-2 oz coconut rum 
-1 oz Triple Sec
-1 oz plain rum
-1 dash grenadine syrup
-8 oz orange juice
-8 oz pineapple juice

(I think I need to make this this summer.  I do not remember it but it sound delightful.)

Blackberry Long Island Iced Tea, published July 16, 2018

Ingredients
-¾ cup washed blackberries
-¾ cup sugar
-1 cup water
-1TB vodka
-1TB tequilia
-1TB rum
-1 TB triple sec
-3TB sweet & sour mix
-3TB blackberry simple syrup
-ice

(I am 85% sure I made this blackberry flavored and not a different berry because I was using up some blackberry syrup I had made for a different drink, I suspect this one.)


Mimosa Sangria, published July 17, 2017

Ingredients
-3 cups OJ
-½ cup Triple Sec
-2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries (frozen doubles as ice!)
-1 cup diced fresh or frozen pineapple (see above!)
-1 750ml bottle of champagne, chilled
-optional pineapple wedge or strawberries for garnish
-optional ice if using fresh fruit

Berry Blast Smoothie, published July 20, 2015

Ingredients
-1 cup pineapple juice
-1 cup coconut water
-squirt of honey
-about 6 oz of frozen mixed berries, use whatever you have!

Pineapple Margarita, published July 21, 2014

Ingredients
-6 oz pineapple juice (one small can)
-1/2 cup (4oz) orange juice
-1/4 cup Triple Sec
-1/4 cup tequila
-1 TB (1/2 oz) lime juice
-ice

 
Cheers!

No comments: