Monday, June 28, 2021

Mixed Drink Monday: A Basic Frozen Margarita

 

We're finishing up Mondays in June with another margarita.  I should have been calling this Margarita Monday ALL MONTH but alas, I didn't know at the beginning if I could see it through.  But I did and here we are with a whole bunch of margaritas.  Let me tell you, I have enjoyed them all.  

I had to go back and check but it turns out I had yet to make a frozen, classic margarita.  A LOT of frozen flavored margaritas.  A few classic margaritas on the rocks.  But no classic frozen margaritas.  It felt like about time to fix that.  I cut the original recipe of 8 servings in half and it still only served two with these giant margarita glasses.  Which is good because I only had two people to serve.  

Per usual, I cut the alcohol a bit and upped the ice but these were still pretty strong, especially since we essential had two each.  But we were watching a pretty terrible movie for our first family movie night in a month so a strong margarita really helped!  I finally made my favorite coconut rimming salt which didn't go on the glasses nicely but does taste really good (I have since caught Sam just eating the coconut salt, I also eat it plain from time to time.  I should probably just drink some water but the coconut salt really is that good.)

I'm glad I finally made a frozen margarita at home.  It was easy and with ingredients I almost always have on hand in the summer (frozen limeade, tequila, triple sec, and ice...ice the the one we are least likely to have, thanks to kids who like to eat ice).  That makes them easy to wipe up at a moments notice for any margarita emergency we might have!


One year ago: Honey Lemon Margarita
Two years ago:
Red, White, & Blue Margarita
Three years ago: Blackberry Crush

Four years ago: Coconut Pineapple Margarita
Five years ago: Triple Berry Sangria
Six years ago: Peach Smoothies
Seven years ago: Jamba Juice

A Basic Frozen Margarita
Yield: 2-4 drinks, depending on the size of your glasses

Ingredients
-6 ounces frozen limeade
-4 ounces (8 TB or ½ cup) tequila
-2 ounces (4 TB or ¼ cup) triple sec
-ice
-lime slices & rimming salt (optional)

Directions

1) If you are doing the rims, slice a lime and run the juicey party around the top of your glass.  Dip upside down in salt (or coconut salt).  Put the lime slice on the side of the glass.  (I juiced the remaining lime halves but their juice was so little you don't need to make this up with lime juice if you aren't doing slices on the rim).

2) Combine the limeade, tequila, triple sec, and ice in the blender and blend until smooth.  Pour into your prepared glasses.

Enjoy!

Source: modified from Grits and Pinecones
____________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page!  

No comments: