Monday, August 26, 2024

Mixed Drink Monday: Throwback Week 14

We are on week 13 of sharing prior drink recipes and I'm still not done.  This isn't even the penultimate post! (That's next week.)  I'm sure I am forgetting many of the pain points of doing this for however many summers I regularly did it but I am also impressed with my output of how many summers I consistently had a drink post up nearly every week.  That was a lot of work.  It is so much easier now to pop open a can without worrying about daylight for pictures and that would have been easier then too but I didn't have many (or any?) drinks I liked in cans...so I guess that's been a good discovery of the past ~5 years since I stopped doing every week!  

Week 1!
Week 2!

Week 3!
Week 4!
Week 5!
Week 6!
Week 7!
Week 8!
Week 9!
Week 10!
Week 11!
Week 12!
Week 13!


I included the ingredients below for planning purposes but click through for the recipes.

Fizzy Pineapple Punch, published August 24, 2020

 Ingredients
-½ large (46oz) can of pineapple juice
-½ can (6oz) frozen limeade concentrate
-1 liter Sprite/something similar
-splash of tequila (optional)
-ice
-salt for rimming (I'm always using my favorite toasted coconut salt)

(I did a good job on these pictures.  That took more energy than I have now for this.)


Mucho Gusto, published August 20, 2018

Ingredients
For the pineapple infused tequila
-one bottle of tequila (but probably less, see note)
-one whole pineapple, cored and peeled

For the toasted coconut salt
-½ cup shredded coconut
-¼ cup sugar
-2 TB kosher salt

For the drink
Single serving
-toasted coconut salt
-ice
-1½ oz pineapple infused tequila
-1 oz coconut water
-1 oz lime juice (freshly squeezed is best but I won't tell if you used bottled)
-1 oz simple syrup

This is a drink I had never heard of before I started this project and it ended up being one of the ones I have made the most.  I've kept toasted coconut salt as a staple in my summer cupboard every year since I discovered it.   

(I'm also happy with these pictures.)

Frozen Coconut Mojito, published August 21, 2017

Ingredients
Mint Simple Syrup
-¼ cup sugar
-½ cup water
~¼ cup mint leaves

Mojito
-3 ounces coconut rum
-1 cup coconut milk (the refrigerated kind)
-juice of two limes
-1 cup of ice (or more)
optional garnishes: toasted coconut and mint leaves

Summertime in a Glass, published August 22, 2016

Ingredients
-1 cup diced pineapple, fresh or frozen
-½ cup sliced strawberries, fresh or frozen
-2 tsp frozen orange juice concentrate
-a generous ¼ cup cream of coconut
-2 oz coconut rum
-ice

Homemade Strawberry Wine Cooler, published August 24, 2015

 Ingredients
-1lb fresh or frozen strawberries, washed and hulled
-pinch of coarse salt
-1 oz (2 TB) vodka
-1 bottle white wine

Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri, published August 25, 2014

Ingredients
yield: 2 drinks
1 lb frozen strawberries
3/4 cup crushed ice
3/4 cup rum
1/3 cup lime juice
1/4 cup sugar

Cheers!

No comments: