Monday, September 2, 2024

Mixed Drink Monday: Throwback Week 15

 Happy Labor Day!  We are at the penultimate drink recap post.  Apparently in some years I made SO MANY drinks that I carried on through most of September (that was really just one year) so next Monday will be a recap of all of those remaining drinks.  Today is the second end of summer, the first being when school started for my kids a couple weeks ago.  My husband is about to start his FINAL semester (of 4) for school which makes it more bearable than any other semester he started.  In all honesty...I'm assuming that's how I'll feel.  I am writing this as my kids are still in school in MAY because I wanted to get these all done before the summer and then just kept going with the ones after they would be back in school because I figured I'd forget the rhythm of doing them by then.  Also, I wanted to make my May even busier.  But appropriate I am writing this penultimate drink post on their penultimate day of the 23-24 school year! (How many times I can say penultimate in a paragraph? Too many.)

Week 1!
Week 2!

Week 3!
Week 4!
Week 5!
Week 6!
Week 7!
Week 8!
Week 9!
Week 10!
Week 11!
Week 12!
Week 13!
Week 14!

I included the ingredients below for planning purposes but click through for the recipes.

Coconut Lime Spritzer, published September 2, 2019

Ingredients
Coconut Syrup
-1 cup water
-2 TB sugar
-1 TB coconut extract

Spritzer
-2 TB coconut syrup
-juice from one lime or about 2 TB
-8 oz (1 cup) sparkling water
-1 TB rum (optional)
-ice

Peach Long Island Iced Tea, published August 27, 2018

Ingredients
-2 TB vodka
-2 TB rum
-2 TB peach schnapps
-sweet & sour mix
-cranberry juice (I used a cranberry-pineapple juice mix because it's what I had)

DIY Margarita Mix, published August 28, 2017

Ingredients
Margarita Mix
-10-12 limes
-1/2 cup sugar
-1 cup water

Margarita Drink
-1 shot of tequilia
-½ shot Triple Sec
-ice
~½ cup margarita mix (I've never measured)
-rimming salt (optional) 

 (I need to start keeping this in my fridge in the summer again.)


Hawaiian Lava Flow, published August 29, 2016

 Ingredients
-2 oz rum (I used coconut)
-small handful of frozen strawberries (about 2.5 oz)
-2 oz pineapple juice
-2 oz cream of coconut
-handful of ice cubes

Berry Oat Smoothie, published August 31, 2015

Ingredients
-1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
-1 - 1 1/2 cup milk (we used coconut milk)
-3/4 cup frozen berries (we used raspberries and blueberries)
-1/4 cup yogurt
-ice
-generous squirt of honey

Frozen Strawberry Margarita, published September 1, 2014

Ingredients
-1 cup frozen strawberries
-6 TB tequila (or more or less to taste)
-1/4 cup frozen limeade concentrate
-2 TB triple sec
-2 cups ice

(There was a many year period where I made these every Labor Day weekend.) 

Cheers!!

No comments: