Thursday, January 19, 2023

How Did I Do on my 2022 in 2022?

We're firmly into 2023 so I am well past the point of completing items on my list and trying to count them as 2022 accomplishments.  My goal was to beat last year (89.5%, so close to being an A) and did I do it?  I really didn't know until I crunched the numbers.  The undone tasks nagged me but then I looked over the whole list and realized I got quite a bit done even if it wasn't quite everything!  That is still worth celebrating.
 

Original 22 in 2022 List

Here we go!

Inside Home Things
1) Replace the boys' bedroom light (100%)
DONE!  Luke is no longer in danger of hitting hit head on the ceiling fan from his top bunk.


2) Replace Matt's office light (100%)
DONE.  He has a functional fan now!

3) Hang art in our bedroom (100%)
DONE!  Moved frames that had been in our stairs for years once I did the travel gallery wall there.  Just printed some new pictures!

4) Do gallery wall over the buffet (100%)
This drug on longer than I intended, finally the answer was fewer frames (fewer anything is usually the answer, unless we are talking bottle brush trees or hours of sleep).  Happy to have this done after over a year of lingering!

5) Rotate front room rugs (100%)
DONE and have since straighten out the crooked one that was driving me crazy last update!

6) End Table (80%)
As of this writing it's pretty much done but at December 31st...it was still in the basement getting sealed or something.  This was one of two that was on the list for YEARS that finally saw movement!

7) Rug for my office (100%)
Bought this around school starting and it is now crooked but otherwise happy with it!

Outside Home Things
8) Make a sandbox for the boys (100%)
DONE.  This is maybe the finished item I am most proud of.  This was on the list for YEARS and we finally got it done after a very sweaty and hot July 1st digging.  Boys played in there a lot before it got cold!

9) Make another raised garden bed (0%)
We still talk about this but nothing has happened.

10) Make rain gauge for the backyard (100%)
I ended up buying one because all the homemade ones I saw involved glass (worried me about breaking and that's a problem with barefoot kids in the yard all summer) or like a 2L pop bottle which wouldn't last and we super rarely have anyways.  But we do have one that is currently in the garage or basement for the winter!

Food
11) Make Mom's pot roast (100%)
Called my Mom on the very last day they had their landline, the phone number I memorized in kindergarten, to get the "recipe" from her.  And then my kids wouldn't eat it.  Well, *I* enjoyed having it again.

12) Buy from a local restaurant once a month (100%)
We managed this every month, more than once a month most of the time!  (Picture is far from complete, just a selection!)

13) Bake with yeast once a month (100%)
We didn't quite make once a month, I missed November and did two in December, but still baked with yeast at least 12 times so I am counting it.  I realized doing this that we don't eat a lot of bread products unless I'm committed to making regular baguettes.  Those always got eaten.  And we will eat cinnamon rolls but don't go through a batch a month!  (Picture is incomplete!  But all things I did bake with yeast!)

14) Celebrate a food holiday every month (100%)
We were much more enthusiastic about this at the start of the year but we did manage at least one a month!  Nutella and crepe day was my favorite.

Fun
15) Finish 4 photobooks (2021, Sam, Luke, vacation) (100%)
Actually finished more than 4 because we threw some more vacations in there.  I think I ordered 6 and still have a Texas one to do.

16) Make a fabric pennant for birthdays (100%)
This is another one I am delighted to have completed.  I didn't have it done by Sam's birthday but did before their joint birthday party and then it stayed up all summer, partially because it took me awhile to figure out how to store it.  This had many steps but it was fun to have a sewing project again.

17) Go on 10 dates (100%)
DONE!  I cannot say enough how much these regular dates helped our relationship.  I love getting to talk to Matt without kids around or when it's after bedtime and we're too tired to really discuss things!

18) Make tie-dye family shirts (100%)
Sam is actually wearing his today!  These were fun and we wore them on many adventures over the summer!

Nagging Projects
19) Get a will made (85%)
We met with an attorney in November and are still waiting the call to go back in and sign to make everything official.  BUT our part is largely done.

20) Catch up photoing Luke's art by June 30th and keep books relatively updated (50%)
There was a point that I was caught up photoing ALL the art but that point was maybe over the summer.  And I had Sam's book completely caught up at one point too but that was maybe in the spring.  I need to fine tune my system for this.  It did teach me the importance of dating EVERYTHING which is part of what is slowing me down on Luke's.

21) Recycle crayons & markers (75%)
I recycled crayons over the summer and have another box going to fill.  I have looked and looked and looked and can't find anywhere to recycle markers.  There seemed to have been some programs but nothing that has come back after COVID shut downs.  But I still have a full box of markers waiting, if I ever find somewhere to take them!  So I'm giving myself some credit on the markers because I really did try.

22) Project for Luke's school (10%)
I have talked with the principal and talked with a few people at the school and I know my next step, I just need to make it.  Is being a part of 5 committees between church and school too many?  Will I regret this??  This one will be coming back in 2023.

____________________________________

That brings us to....86.36%.  Not quite as high as I would have liked (didn't beat 2021) but still a rather respectable B!  There was only one that didn't get touched and a few that should wrap up in early 2023.  I'm going to be happy with that score, especially because of a few of the lingering projects that we finally did in 2022!

My 23 in 2023 list is coming next week...I think I still need 3 more items.


1st Quarter Update
2nd Quarter Update
3rd Quarter Update

No comments: