Thursday, May 19, 2022

Spring/Summer 2022 Shopping List

I started doing these lists 6 years ago because, even with our allowance system, my clothes shopping had gotten a bit out of control.  I was buying whatever I liked (within reason) and not really thinking about what holes I had in my wardrobe or building up basics that I need most often.  And over time I've really become more intentional about my shopping.  I can identify what holes I have and what pieces might make getting dressed a little easier, without just buying whatever looks good.  I still own a good portion of those items I intentionally purchased 6 years ago!  And, you know, it's the items I purposed with intention that have stuck around the longest!

Fall 2021/Winter 2022 Plan

1) 2-ish Sweaters
The blue sweater came from ThredUp, bought with a coupon and free shipping code so it ended up being $3.47.  I told Matt I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it but then he saw me wear it 3 times in a week and pointed that out...I obviously kept it.  The Cheers sweatshirt is from Old Navy and it's not my most comfy ON sweatshirt (that's this one) I did wear it A LOT all winter.  Like, multiple days a week a lot.  Pretty much every Saturday when I washed my hair and then at least a few times during the week, particularly when putting on my "lazy" clothes at night.  I have gotten my wear out of that sweatshirt and it's still in great shape!
 
2) A Jacket
I still want this.  The only one I've found that is like what I have in mind is at Amazon and I am trying to avoid shopping there so I haven't bought one yet.  Something rain resistant and with a hood.  There were some 50° rainy days this spring and last fall where I still wore my down winter coat because it has a hood and I am a bit crazy about my hair getting wet.  Now I mostly use an umbrella when it rains but sometimes a hood is just easier, like when unloading groceries. 
 
3) Two t-shirts  
The green v neck is from J Crew Factory and was a very recent purchase that I was wearing when I started this post!  It's about 90% the right shade of green but that's close enough for now!  The color is Modern Clover.  I'm calling the other t-shirt this Nordstrom blue thermal that I bought back in the winter but haven't decided yet if I'm keeping (Nordstrom has a very generous return policy, and I haven't worn it yet).  It was limited sizes when I bought it so couldn't get the one I would have preferred.  The color is great though!
 
4) A Pair of Jeans
I did not buy these although I am still looking!
 
5) Metallic Flats
I forgot these were on my list so I did not buy them.  But I am still interested!

6) Long Grey Cardigan
And ditto, although I have tried one many times and always end up returning it.  Maybe I just accept that this one of those things that looks good on other people but I don't like for myself!  Although I do REALLY like being warm.

EXTRA
A BIG FAT NOTHING.  Other than some socks (don't count those) and replacement slippers (don't count direct replacement items).  I am rather shocked with myself!  The first time I've had NO extras!

Now for a new plan:
Spring/Summer 2022

1) Rain Jacket
I still want one of these, need more for the spring than summer but it would still be nice to check off my list!

2) 2ish tank tops
Always nice to just refresh these since they are what I wear for most of July & August (and more months, as the weather dictates).  I just ordered that one from Old Navy (their Luxe tank tops have been VERY good for me the last few summers, I wear all the ones I have pretty much every week, then wash and repeat).

3) A new dress
We have another nephew getting married in late summer (at some point we're going to have a dozen nieces or nephews getting married in a year...) and I think I've already figured out what I am wearing (something I already own!) but would still like another sundress to add to my rotation for Mass or dates or whatever.  (I'm not saying I've already bought two sizes of this one...but maybe I have.)

4) Another pair of jeans
Another pair for my rotation would be nice, even though they don't get much wear in the summer (sometimes to work or Mass but mostly I wear my white jeans if I'm wearing pants and dresses the rest of the time).  I like the raw hem ones and maybe not as tight as my skinnies?  Although some of my skinnies I've been wearing for so long that they aren't tight anymore either (those are my favorite ones). 

5) Metallic flats
Do I need these since I forgot I wanted them?  No, but they'd still be fun.

6) Daily flip-flops
These would be a direct replacement so I don't need to put them on my list but they are something I am close to "needing".  My current pair is getting pretty beat-up and is close to falling apart after, maybe, 5-6 summers of a lot of wear.  So I'll probably need a new pair by the end of summer!  That's a pretty good run for a ~$15 pair of Target flip-flops!


That should be it?  I have gotten A LOT more intentional about my shopping, buying, and just generally spending much less time on it, which is good!  And I've branched out my shopping a bit although Old Navy and Target have still been very good for me, a lot of my most worn items are from there and I can't think of anything right off that has worn out!   Looking forward to when it's really summer and I can finally put away the jeans, long sleeves, and jackets for awhile!

Fall 2021
Spring 2021

Fall 2020
Spring 2020

Fall 2019
Spring 2019

Fall 2018
Spring 2018

Fall 2017
Spring 2017

Fall 2016
Spring 2016

 

No comments: