Thursday, November 10, 2022

Fall 2022/Winter 2023 Shopping List

At some point I was going to get to this post (my blogging has been VERY sporadic this fall...because, life.)!  These posts helped me a lot many years ago when I felt like I was building my wardrobe, it really helped me curb in my spending and prioritize the items that would fill holes in my closet.  I'm pretty happy with my closet now, only adding, usually, a few things a season, filling holes like the raincoat, or replacing broken/worn out items (usually that I've had for years!)!  But, still helpful to think about this purposefully twice a year, as I switch over my closet (really, just moving clothes for the season front & center)!  

I also read Project 333 last month and was really inspired to take that on, which might happen in January.  That really made me think differently about my closet...even if I followed it shortly with some shopping...

Checking on my spring/summer list:

1) Rain Jacket
I still haven't bought this but I would still like one.  It'll be like the navy wedges that were on this list for years before I finally found them.  Or the end table on my annual project list.  Someday.

2) 2ish tank tops
Yes!  I bought (or at least kept) exactly two of these!

3) A new dress
I bought two of these so over by one!  Below is the one I wore the most, most often to church (in Texas and on two camping trips!) but also on a date and maybe to work?  It might be a swimsuit coverup, not sure.  I wore it often.

 4) Another pair of jeans
I DID finally get a pair of raw hem jeans, from ThredUp, probably because they aren't "in" anymore.  But I still like them.  I didn't get these until October but still including here since they were on the list! (I'm wearing them right now!)

5) Metallic flats
Nope, I think I'm giving up on this one. I mostly wear my Converse or booties when we're not in full boot season anyways.

6) Daily flip-flops
Yes!  Bought my knock-off birkenstocks which I enjoyed much more than I anticipated, even though I didn't break them out until the end of July.  And then also did a direct replacement of my waterproof flip-flops for the beach, pool, etc.  Those are also pictured below.

 

The Moment of Truth - THE REST

I didn't do as well I did over last winter, when I bought NOTHING not on the list.  BUT...one thing I did buy is one of my all-time favorite clothing purchases (the blue sweatshirt) so I REGRET NOTHING.  Besides that, I did buy the above mentioned second dress, a new swimsuit top, a swimsuit cover-up that is actually a cover-up, heels for a nephew's wedding (I had a dress to wear but no cocktail attire shoes for warm weather, I even checked with my similar sized feet sisters first!). 

Not too bad!  Especially considering how much I wore that sweatshirt...


Fall 2022/Winter 2023 Plan


1) A sparkly top
I like sparkles and this would be fun and festive, especially around the holidays!  (You can't tell from the picture, just like I couldn't before ordering, but it is sparkly.)

2) 2ish Sweaters
To be honest, I've already bought these.  They are the same blue as my beloved sweatshirt which is largely what drove those purchases.  Still regret nothing.

3) Another crewneck sweatshirt
These have become STAPLES in my wardrobe, they are what I wear nearly every day that I am not doing anything that requires even slightly dressier clothes (work, church, date).  And I have made too many "rules" around the ones I own (one I only wear on Sundays and only at home, one that is more Christmas-y so not so appropriate for September, my beloved sweatshirt I don't want to wear out...I realize this might not be normal).  I am also wearing one of these right now.

4) Casual Boots
Is this overkill if I already own rain boots, snow boots, riding boots, and booties??  Maybe.  But since I wear the aforementioned sweatshirts nearly constantly, it would be nice to have a less dressy boot than my riding boots to wear with them.  I do often wear my rain boots, especially when it's wet/slushy/snowy outside, even though they aren't super warm.  But also, clunky if they aren't actually needed to keep my feet dry. 

5) Something to wear for Christmas Mass
This is what I get for doing this list in November - I end up just saying I planned to buy the items I already have...I did somewhat impulse buy a green skirt from Walmart (when was the last time I bought clothes there for myself??) to possibly wear for Christmas Mass.  Might get returned, we'll see! (It's not here yet.)  If that doesn't work it'll depend if I have the energy/will power/interest in looking for something else...

6) That Elusive Raincoat
We'll see if I can find this. 

Will these 6-7 items be all that I buy?  Or will I buy a different 6-7 items?? (Other than the...4 of these I already bought...).  Will I actually undertake the Project 333??  We'll see!

If you do any sort of similar wardrobe planning, I'd love to hear it!

Spring 2022

Fall 2021
Spring 2021

Fall 2020
Spring 2020

Fall 2019
Spring 2019

Fall 2018
Spring 2018

Fall 2017
Spring 2017

Fall 2016
Spring 2016

No comments: